Mount Kisco Foot Specialists, PLLC
Our office remains OPEN providing the best care possible in a
friendly, welcoming and safe environment.
We understand that some of our patients are nervous and we all are doing everything they can to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We want to assure you that we are taking this threat seriously and we have taken measures to keep our patients safe.
What Has Changed:
- We are pre-screening every patient for symptoms when we call to confirm visits. Any patient with symptoms is asked to call their primary care physician and to not come to our office until they have been cleared. Special arrangements will be made for patients with symptoms who have an urgent need to be seen.
- We are advising high risk patients with pre-existing co-morbidities to postpone their appointments unless they have a condition that needs urgent attention.
- We are encouraging our patients to come alone or with the minimum number of people they need to assist them.
- The doctors and staff are wearing surgical masks. Current guidelines recommend that medical providers wear masks. There is no evidence that there is any benefit for patients without symptoms or the general public to be using face masks at this time.
- We are leaving more time between each patient to promote Social Distancing. It is likely that you will not see or come in contact with any other patients when visiting our office.
- All elective surgeries have been canceled until April 15 so that we may protect patients, hospital staff and save resources that are in short supply.
- We have stopped seeing patient's at group homes and assisted living facilities until the conditions improve. Arrangements will be made to see patients who are in need of care that can not be postponed.
What Hasn't Changed:
- We cleanse all surfaces with a hospital grade disinfectant between each patient
- We cleanse, package and sterilize all instruments in an autoclave after each use.
- We practice proper hand hygiene before and after treating each patient, utilizing soap and water as well as alcohol based hand cleansers.
- We have reduced the number of staff members present at any time in an effort to promote Social Distancing
- We continue to offer early morning, evening and weekend appointments so that our patients may come at a time that is convenient for them.
- In some cases, home visits can be arranged for home bound patients.
We are here to help you. Please contact us if you have any concerns or if we can help you in any way.
Jill Berkowitz-Berliner, DPM, FACPM, CWS
Richard Berliner, DPM, FACPM, CWSP
Our new office is located at:
344 East Main Street, Suite 206
Mount Kisco, NY 10549